How to Download Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10 Version 2004
Microsoft has released a set of administrative templates for Windows 10 version 2004, known as "May 2020 Update". They include a number of *.admx files to apply the Group Policy options properly.
Administrative Templates are registry-based policy settings that appear in the Local Group Policy Editor under the Administrative Templates node of both the Computer and User Configuration nodes. This hierarchy is created when the Local Group Policy Editor reads XML-based Administrative Template files (.admx).
Group Policy tools use Administrative template files to populate policy settings in the user interface. This allows administrators to manage registry-based policy settings.
The file set is available in the following languages:
- cs-CZ Czech - Czech Republic
- da-DK Danish - Denmark
- de-DE German - Germany
- el-GR Greek - Greece
- en-US English - United States
- es-ES Spanish - Spain
- fi-FL Finnish - Finland
- fr-FR French - France
- hu-HU Hungarian - Hungary
- it-IT Italian - Italy
- ja-JP Japanese - Japan
- ko-KR Korean - Korea
- nb-NO Norwegian (Bokmål) - Norway
- nl-NL Dutch - The Netherlands
- pl-PL Polish - Poland
- pt-BR Portuguese - Brazil
- pt-PT Portuguese - Portugal
- ru-RU Russian - Russia
- sv-SE Swedish - Sweden
- zh-CN Chinese - China
- zh-TW Chinese - Taiwan
To Download Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10 Version 2004,
- Open Edge or another browser.
- Navigate to the following page: Download Administrative Templates.
- Click on the Download button.
- You will get an *.MSI file. It will be named
Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10 May 2020 Update.msi. Double-click the file to install it and you are done.
Note: The size of the file is 12 MB.
To check what's new in these Administrative Templates, check out Group Policy Settings Reference Spreadsheet.
Tip: It is possible to find which Local Group Policies are applied in Windows 10 using the GUI. If you are running an edition of Windows 10 which comes the Local Group Policy Editor app, you can use it to see them quickly. See the following article:
Other articles of interest
- All Ways To Open Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10
- Apply Group Policy to All Users Except Administrator in Windows 10
- Apply Group Policy to a Specific User in Windows 10
- Reset All Local Group Policy Settings at once in Windows 10
- Enable Gpedit.msc (Group Policy) in Windows 10 Home
More Windows 10 version 2004 resources
- What’s new in Windows 10 Version 2004 (20H1)
- Download Windows 10 Version 2004 Right Now
- Delay Windows 10 Version 2004 And Block It From Installing
- Install Windows 10 Version 2004 With Local Account
- Windows 10 Version 2004 System Requirements
- Known Issues in Windows 10 Version 2004
- Deprecated and Removed Features in Windows 10 Version 2004
- Generic Keys To Install Windows 10 Version 2004
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: