ElevatedShortcut is a free portable application which supports Windows 7 and [now] Windows 8. It can create the special shortcut which will suppress UAC prompt in case if it is usually appeared, i.e application will be started elevated without any prompt. Here how it looks:
Latest version is ElevatedShortcut 18.104.22.168, please see the change log below
The key features of ElevatedShortcut are following:
- Create new elevated shortcut or convert existing shortcut to elevated.
- Delete the previously created shortcut.
- Explorer context menu integration for exe, cmd, bat and com files.
- Russian and English UI language.
- All elevated shortcuts will be created using Windows Task Scheduler, so you will be able to use them even if you have deleted the ElevatedShortcut application.
- An application which is started from the elevated shortcut will have NORMAL priority instead of BELOW NORMAL (like Task Scheduler does it by default) for better performance.
Added the "Working directory" option which can be used by application.
Fixed Czech translation.
Fixed a crash in Windows 7 x64
Fixed crash for empty shortcut target
Added Czech translation
Fixed Setting dialog title
Fixed issue with spaces in path.
- AD/Domain workaround
- Minor UI changes
- Fixed application multiple instance issue
- "*.*" as default option is "Choose a file" dialog.
Fixed 'below normal' priority issue for newly started apps
Added an option to convert regular shortcuts into elevated
Added an option to delete previously created shortcuts.
The initial release.
Donate options for satisfied users: