Earlier this year, Microsoft announced that its customer care services for Lumia and feature phones will be operated now by a German customer care company B2X. Right after the original announcement, B2X officials promised to release a "self-help" app for existing device owners and it's now available for download from Windows Store, offering a set of tools for customers to diagnose a problem in several possible scenarios.
The B2X-SMARTAPP app is available to install on both Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10 Mobile even though it's originally designed for Windows Phone 8.1. It's supposed to help users not only diagnose software and hardware related problems but also make a few possible steps on a way to fixing issues.
The official app description in the Windows Store lists some of the key features:
- Diagnose your Lumia phone's hardware and software
- Chat with a B2X support agent for immediate help
- Request a callback from a B2X support agent
- Find the nearest service point
- Get all Lumia device information at a glance
- Analyse your Lumia’s battery health status
- Check your Lumia’s warranty status
- Keep track of your repair status
There is also a new support plan available for those who purchased any Lumia smartphones in the last 6 months and according to company officials, it includes "an extension of the limited manufacturer's warranty in combination with smartphone insurance".
You can download the B2X-SMARTAPP app from its Windows Store page here. If you want to know more about additional insurance plans, you can find all of the relevant information on the B2X official site.