If you want to make a voice or video call on Skype or start a conversation but don’t want to create an account, here is good news for you. Microsoft now allows you to use Skype without having to register an account.
Microsoft today announced that anyone can now start a conversation or make a call in the web version of Skype without having to register an account.
In this mode, the user gets access to all regular features of the web version. It will allow you to invite up to 300 people to a group chat and up to 25 people to a voice or video conference.
The Skype service will create a special guest account, which keeps its session data only for 24 hours. Once that time is up, you'll be expected to sign up for a free Skype account if you want to return to the conversation.
The following video shows the new feature in action:
If you want to try out Skype without an account, do the following.
- Point your favorite browser to the following page: Skype.com.
- Click the link "Start a conversation":
- In the next dialog, type your name or nickname which will be used in the conversation.
Click the button "Start a conversation".
- A new conversation will be created. Here is how it looks:
- A special link will be created which you need to share with your friends to invite them to your conversation. Click "Copy link" and share it with all people you need to invite.