If you are a Windows 10 user, you may already know that the latest operating system from Redmond comes without the classic Windows 7 games. They are no longer included with Windows 10. Here is a Windows 7 Games package which solves this issue.
To get Windows 7 Games for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, follow the instructions below.
- Get the ZIP archive with Games from the following link: Download Windows 7 Games for Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
- Unpack and execute the file Windows 7 Games for Windows 10 and 8.exe.
- Follow the installation wizard and select the desired games you want to get in Windows 10.
You are done! Go to the Start menu and play your favorite games now.
This Windows 7 Games package is compatible with all builds of Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.
The package installs games in your operating system's language. The following games are available:
and of course the shortcuts to them in Games Explorer
The online games are also included.
Games support the complete set of MUI (language packs), so they will run in your native language. The following languages are supported.
Note: If you have upgraded from a previous build of Windows 10, you might find that Windows 7 games are not working. To fix this issue, you need to reinstall the package. Do it as follows.
- Go to the Control Panel and open Programs and features -> Uninstall a program. Alternatively, you can go to Settings -> Apps -> Apps and features.
- In the list of installed apps, find Windows 7 Games for Windows 10.
- Select it and click the Remove button. Tip: See the article How to Uninstall Apps in Windows 10.
- Wait till the uninstaller app removes the games.
- Now, re-install the games once again. They will work like a charm.
- I recommend you to remove the Windows 7 games package prior to the build upgrade and install them again right after the build upgrade to make the process smooth and easy.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: