One more update to Windows 11 is out. Microsoft has released a new Windows 11 preview build 22000.132 (KB5005190) for Windows Insiders in the Dev and Beta channels. It is important to note that the OS will continue to improve in the coming months. So now you can try many, but not yet all of the new features that were annunced during the announcement of Windows 11. In particular, the ability to run Android applications is still not available.
The build tag is
10.0.22000.132.co_release_svc_prod1.210805-1437. Now, let's see the key changes in today's release.
What's new in Windows 11 Build 22000.132
- The built-in Chat app from Microsoft Teams is now available for Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel. Microsoft is now rolling out one-to-one and group audio and video calling, with many of useful features. Microsoft specially mentions these:
- You can create and join meetings.
- You can toggle your microphone and camera on or off and choose your preferred speakers, mic, and camera with device settings.
- You can manage meeting information and options.
- You can share your screen, see the roster of participants, admit meeting participants from the lobby, chat and see people’s video in a gallery view.
- The inbox apps received notable updates. There is a new Snipping Tool for Windows 11, updated Calculator app, and updated Mail and Calendar apps. Apps are rolling out to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel!
Microsoft Store Updates
The Redmond company is beginning to roll out the Store update (version 22108.1401.0) with auto-scrolling on Spotlight, new gaming PDP (product detail page) design, and the new Ratings and Reviews dialog to Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel.
Traditionally, the new build comes with plenty of fixes, and also includes a number of known issues. We strongly recommend you to read them carefully in the official announcement.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: