Microsoft today released two new builds of Windows 11 22H2 to Insiders in the Beta channel. One of them supposed to have new features activated by default, and the other one has them hidden. KB5015890 delivers both builds via Windows update.
Surprisingly, both today's builds share the same set of features, with nothing new specially noted for build 22622.450. They only include general fixes and improvements.
Full build tags:
Here's what's new.
What's new in Build 22621.450 & Build 22622.450
- New! Enhanced Microsoft Defender for Endpoint’s ability to identify and intercept ransomware and advanced attacks.
- New! Windows will compress a file regardless of its size if you have configured Server Message Block (SMB) Compression.
- New! Improved storage replication that occurs over low bandwidth or congested wide area networks (WAN).
- Fixed an issue that causes Windows to display tablet mode features for some devices that do not have touchscreens.
- Fixed an issue that causes some application windows to have blank sections in the Task View preview.
- Fixed an issue that occurs for some of you when you copy files from network drives. The error code is 0x80070026.
- Fixed a token leak issue in the LsapGetClientInfoEx
- Fixed an issue that, in certain cases, causes sihost.exe to use a high amount of the CPU.
- Fixed an issue that causes Microsoft Edge to stop responding when you use IE mode. This issue also prevents you from interacting with a dialog.
- There is an issue in the recent Beta Channel updates that is causing the Photos app to crash, and a fix will be rolling out soon via a Photos app update via the Store.
- We’re investigating reports that SQL Server Management Studio is failing to launch for some Insiders.
- [NEW] We’re looking into reports that audio stopped working for some Insiders after upgrading to Build 22622.440.
- The left-half of the File Explorer title bar may not be draggable via mouse or touch.
- The up arrow is misaligned in File Explorer tabs. This will be fixed in a future update.
The official announcement is here.
Switching between insider groups
If you're in the group with features disabled by default (build 22621), check for updates and install any optional update that will move you to the build 22622 branch.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: