A new build hits the Canary Channel. Insiders are receiving Windows 11 Build 25947 that doesn't come with officially announced new features, but includes several fixes. It resolves crashes and bugs in File Explorer, Task Manager, and Snipping Tool. Besides, it comes with a slightly updated Microsoft Store.
What's new in Windows 11 Build 25947 (Canary)
- Fixed an issue with the ctfmon.exe process that could affect the ability to enter text in previous builds.
- Fixed several issues affecting the stability of explorer.exe. Includes a bug that caused Explorer to crash when opening the Gallery folder.
- Fixed an issue resulting in explorer.exe not working in safe mode.
- Improved performance when switching between different pages of the Task Manager.
- Fixed an issue where, after updating the Snipping app, some Insiders were unexpectedly prompted to select a program to open the "ms-screenclip" link.
Microsoft Store adds a new Game Pass page
Now you can find out about the benefits of PC Game Pass or Game Pass Ultimate on a dedicated page, as well as subscribe to the service. The page will tell you about available exclusive games, special offers, free bonuses, access to EA Play and so on.
In addition, it's now easier to find games that are available on a subscription basis from day one, new games on Game Pass, a list of Bethesda games, and more.
Some popular games may not work correctly in Insider Builds for the Canary Channel. If you notice any issues, be sure to leave feedback in the Feedback Hub app.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: