Microsoft today released two new builds to Insiders in the Beta channel. Traditionally, one of them (22622.598), is designed to ship new features, while the other one (22621.598) comes with general fixes and improvements.
The full build tags are:
What's new in Windows 11 Build 22622.598
- For the time being, you will no longer be able to uninstall apps with inter-dependencies (e.g., Steam and gaming apps running on Steam) or repair Win32 apps under Settings > Apps > Installed apps. You will still be able to modify and uninstall Win32 apps without inter-dependencies.
Fixes in Windows 11 Build 22622.598
- Fixed an issue leading to a small set of Insiders with “launch folder windows in a separate process” not being able to launch File Explorer in the last two flights due to an explorer.exe crash.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t interact with the top part of File Explorer (with the address bar) when File Explorer was full screen (F11).
- Fixed an issue where command bar items like copy, paste, and empty recycle bin may unexpectedly not be enabled when they should be.
Fixes common for Build 22622.598 & Build 22621.598
- Fixed an issue that creates a duplicate print queue. Because of this, the original print queue stops working.
- Fixed an issue that affects Roaming User Profiles. After you sign in or sign out, some of your settings are not restored.
- Clicking the network icon on the Lock screen does not work and will crash the Lock screen and may require you to reboot to login. After logging in, you can switch between wireless networks as needed.
If you are a Beta channel insider, open Settings and go to the Windows Update section. On the right, click the Check button to make the OS download these builds.
💡Tip: If you are in a group with features disabled by default (build 22621), then check for updates and install an optional update. It will take you to the build with features available (build 22622).
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: