Microsoft has released Administrative Templates with XLSX Spreadsheet that match Group Policy options in the Windows 11 version 22H2. System administrators and IT Pros can install them to manage server and client versions of "Windows 11 2022 Update" via Active Directory and related deployment services. For consumers, XLSX Group Policy spreadsheet is a must have thing, as it exposes all the Registry options related to this or that Policy Options.
It is specially useful for those who run Home editions of Windows 11. As you may already know, it doesn't include the Group Policy editor (gpedit.msc). However, the user can set many of its options directly in the Registry. In this case, one can use XLSX files as a reference to appropriate values. You can open them with Excel, part of Microsoft Office.
Administrative templates are a collection of operating system settings listed in a special AMDX format. Windows uses AMDX files to look up registry keys and values that need to be changed if the user edits a local group policy.
This data is organized into two sections, Computer Configuration and User Configuration. These are the ones you see when you open the Local Group Policy Editor. "Computer Configuration" settings apply to all users and also include OS-specific options. User Configuration is a set of policies that apply to the current or specified user.
With each major release of Windows, Microsoft updates AMDX Group Policy templates and corresponding Excel files. They are now available for the latest Windows 11 2022 Update. Here's how to download them.
Download Windows 11 2022 Update AMDX Group Policy Templates
- Visit this page on the official Microsoft's website.
- Click on the red Download button.
- You will download the file named Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 11 October 2021 Update.msi. Double-click it to install it.
- Now, press Win + R and type
gpedit.msc. The Local Group Policy Editor app will now have up-to-date policies.
You are done.
Now, it is a good idea to download the XLSX Reference spreadsheet. The spreadsheet includes all the policies available in Windows 10 starting from its RTM release, build 10240, up to Windows 11 "22H2, 2022 Update".
Windows 11 22H2 Group Policy XLSX Reference Spreadsheet
- Navigate to this link.
- Again, click on the Download button.
- Download the XLSX file, and open it in File Explorer. If you don't have Microsoft Excel or LibreOffice Calc installed, you can upload it to OneDrive or Google Drive and open it from there online.
- Finally, you can use this link to open the fire directly in Microsoft Office online.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: