Microsoft is releasing a new build from the 20H1 branch, which represents the upcoming Windows 10 version 2020. Along with various fixes and improvements, build 19002 includes a number of improvements made to Bluetooth. Sadly, the annoying shut down bug hasn't been fixed yet. Here are the changes.
What’s new in Build 19002
Update on improving your Bluetooth Experience
With Build 18985 we announced we were working on improving our streamlined workflow for pairing your Bluetooth devices. We’re happy to share that this change is now rolling out to 100% of Insiders–thank you to those that have already tried it and shared feedback!
We also wanted to add two new peripherals to our supported device list:
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue that could result in upgrades failing with error 0x8007042b.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the acrylic effect in the Action Center only appearing after the Action Center opening animation had finished.
- We fixed an issue where with multiple monitors and different DPIs, the File Explorer search box could become enlarged and offset.
- We fixed an issue with the search indexer resulting in unexpected files being returned as search results when searching using French (France).
- We fixed an issue for Japanese users where the user name in the Settings header wasn’t displayed in the correct order.
- We fixed an issue resulting in clipboard history, WIN+(Period), and the touch keyboard displaying English text when being used with non-English display languages.
- We fixed a race condition that could result in devices not reconnecting after toggling Bluetooth off and back on.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the VPN sometimes not automatically connecting after waking your device from sleep.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the brightness getting stuck at 0 or 100% and requiring a reboot before it could be changed.
- Text cursor indicator works better in more experiences (e.g. Word, Run dialog, Outlook) now.
- The Magnifier centered text cursor option should now work correctly when switching Magnifier modes.
- We fixed the mouse pointer visual when using the Magnifier docked mode.
- We fixed a bug where Narrator was not saying the state of Scan mode when Edge was opened or closed.
- We fixed a bug in Narrator where Narrator sometimes say password twice when focus was in a password edit field.
- We fixed a bug in Narrator where scan mode was getting stuck in edit fields in Firefox.
- We’ve made some general improvements and bug fixes for the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL), please see the WSL release notes for details.
- If you were one of the Insiders experiencing frequent explorer.exe crashes recently, please go to the Microsoft Store and check for Xbox game bar app updates (specifically version 3.34.4xx should have the fix). If you’re on this app version and still seeing explorer.exe crashes, please file feedback and we will investigate.
- Just a heads up that we’re expanding the rollout of the Settings header to more Insiders, so it may now appear for you when it hadn’t before. As always, we welcome feedback about Settings – in the Feedback Hub you can share it under Desktop Environment > Settings.
- [ADDED] For devices that were affected by the Dual Scan issue fixed in Build 18999, you will need to disable WSUS on the device or update from an ISO of Build 18999 or higher, which will be released in the coming weeks.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue that started with the previous flight where some devices are getting stuck during shutdown or restart and appreciate your patience. If you’re impacted by this issue, please see this forum post for workaround options.
- There has been an issue with older versions of anti-cheat software used with games where after updating to the latest 19H1 Insider Preview builds may cause PCs to experience crashes. We are working with partners on getting their software updated with a fix, and most games have released patches to prevent PCs from experiencing this issue. To minimize the chance of running into this issue, please make sure you are running the latest version of your games before attempting to update the operating system. We are also working with anti-cheat and game developers to resolve similar issues that may arise with the 20H1 Insider Preview builds and will work to minimize the likelihood of these issues in the future.
- We’re investigating an issue where initiating “Reset this PC” with the cloud download option isn’t working on this build or the previous one when started from Windows RE.
- We’ve heard that Settings still isn’t available outside of launching via the URI (ms-settings:) for some Insiders and are investigating.
- When using dark theme, the hardware keyboard text prediction candidate window is unreadable due to black text on a dark grey background.
- When optional updates are available, Insiders with the Settings header may see the Windows Update indicator in a warning state, although the main page of Windows Update Settings shows that everything is up to date.
- Bluetooth devices may not reconnect as expected after closing the device lid for certain devices. We’re working on a fix, but in the meantime, you can toggle Bluetooth off and back on in the Settings app or reboot the device and that should resolve the issue.
If you have configured your device to receive updates from the Fast Ring ring, open Settings - > Update & recovery and click on the Check for Updates button on the right. This will install the latest available Insider Preview of Windows 10.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: