As you might be knowing, the Windows Experience Index (WEI) was removed from Windows 8.1. Microsoft left the WEI engine in the OS, but the UI was deleted from This PC/Computer properties. Recently, our good friends at IntoWindows reviewed the ChrisPC WEI tool. I looked at this tool but was disappointed that it didn't show the actual tests and assessments being done accurately. So I decided to code a better alternative myself with a nice looking, familiar UI. With WPF, it was a quite simple task.
So, here is my new freeware portable app, Winaero WEI Tool:
Latest version is 184.108.40.206, see the change log below.
It brings back the genuine Windows Experience Index and features the following abilities:
- Calculation and re-calculation of assessments and scores.
- The exact genuine Windows Experience Index look and feel.
- The real, actual tests and assessments progress and status.
- The ability to save a screenshot of your Windows Experience Index as a PNG file.
- The ability to take a screenshot of your Windows Experience Index and upload it to ImgUr with one click!
- The ability to save your WEI table to an HTML file!
- Bonus: The background of your WEI score follows the window frame color for a cool appearance.
Winaero WEI Tool showcase
Winaero WEI Tool works in Windows 8.1 x86 and x64, it is free and portable.
Finally swapped Desktop graphicsGraphics text labels
The score value uses regional settings for the proper decimal symbol.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!