Winaero ColorSync is very tiny application (441 kb) which is native and portable.
It will allow you:
- to use the Start screen background color as a color for the window border
- to use the window border as a color for the Start screen background.
This can be done automatically or manually
Get the solid and stylish UI in your Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.
Latest version is 2.0, it got lots of improvements, see the change log below!
Options and features
- Run at startup - will run the application every time Windows starts.
- Hide tray icon - will hide the tray icon of application. The application will remember this setting and will not show the tray icon even when you restart it. To show it again, run Winaero ColorSync twice.
- Start Screen -> Aero - makes the color sync use the Start Screen background as color source for window borders.
- Aero -> Start Screen - makes the color sync use the window border color as the color for the Start Screen background.
Note: the Start Screen background color is strictly limited to a hardcoded list of colors. This means, for example, if you set your window color to white, you will not be able to achieve white Start screen background. The application will calculate the nearest color in such case. Please keep this in mind before you will report a bug.
Command line arguments
Since version 2.0, Winaero ColorSync supports the following command line arguments:
ColorSync.exe /aerotostartscreen - apply the window border color to the Start screen background and exit.
ColorSync.exe /startscreentoaero - apply the Start Screen background color to the window border and exit.
Winaero ColorSync in action:
Winaero ColorSync supports Windows 8.1 x86 and x64. No separate version for x64 is required, the application works well on both versions.
Note: according to users, it also works in Windows 8 RTM very well.
The change log
+ Added command line arguments
+ Added two way synchronization: Start Sreen->Aero and and vice versa
+ App's speed is improved
+ When the Start Screen background color is used as the color source for Aero, the new color values of window borders will be saved in registry.
My first try to play with color synchronization.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!