Windows 10 build 10056 has been leaked and many users are interested in knowing what is new in this build. Here is a brief change log which will give you an idea of what Microsoft is working on. Read the rest.
- New animations in the fullscreen Start Menu.
- New dark Theme for Start Menu and Action Center
- Date/Time UI refreshed (can be activated as described here: There is a new pane for Date and Time in Windows 10 or with Winaero Tweaker)
- Network flyout has new animation.
- Power button is moved to bottom left corner.
- New "Show Touch Keyboard button" when right clicking on taskbar.
- On-screen keyboard visual design seems refreshed.
- Titlebars of Desktop applications are grey.
- 1px border on top of Desktop apps is now present but it's black
- New Recycle bin icon.
- New TaskView icon.
- New Task View icon animations.
- New Weather and News apps.
- Cortana is now in full taskbar height - also, a new Mic icon when Cortana is listening.
- Cortana can recognize music now (option is in Cortana menu).
- New Biometric Enrollment and Microsoft Family (Parental Controls) apps (don't work).
- Tablet Mode widens the gap between system tray icons and minimizes Search into an icon.
- When using Start Menu in full screen, taskbar sometimes hides itself. It restores back in half a second.
- Start Menu can be resized.
That's it. Noticed anything else? Please let us know in comments.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
4 thoughts on “What’s new in Windows 10 build 10056”
I noticed apps can be resized smaller going vertically.
Thanks, I didn’t notice.
Will this build allow me to update to the next build?
From the past experience, MS block the leaked builds from the Windows Update’s upgrade.