Microsoft today released the first build of the Edge browser based on Chromium 99. It is now available in the Dev channel. Subsequently, Edge 98 will become available to Insiders running Edge Beta.
Today's update is build
99.0.1131.3. If you already have Edge Dev installed, it will download & install the latest release automatically. You can speed up this process by opening its menu (Alt+F) and visiting the Help > About page. Alternatively, you can download Edge Dev from the official website.
What's new in Edge Dev 99.0.1131.3
- Added the ability to manually set which profile certain websites open in via edge://settings/profiles/multiProfileSettings.
- Added the ability to edit saved passwords from the initial dialog to save them.
- Added an option to the right-click menu to open links in new Application Guard windows when Application Guard is available.
- Added info to the Edge Bar settings page informing users which extensions they have installed that are preventing the use of the Edge Bar.
- Management policies (note that updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have happened yet):
- Added a management policy to control if Address Bar Editing is Enabled.
- Added support on mobile for disabling autofill via management policy.
- Added support for custom formats on the clipboard
- Added support for the WebView2 API BasicAuthenticationRequested, which was previously in the experimental state
- Added support for the dual screen web developer APIs CSS Foldables and Viewport Segments that were previously in the Experimental stage.
- Fixed a crash when navigating to certain websites.
- Fixed a crash when navigating via interaction with the address bar.
- Fixed a crash when interacting with the address bar dropdown.
- Fixed a crash when choosing where to download files to.
- Fixed a crash when sending feedback from InPrivate or Guest windows.
- Fixed a crash when showing autofill popups.
- Fixed a crash when interacting with misspelled words that have been identified by the spellchecker.
- Fixed a crash when using Web Select (formerly Smart Copy).
- Fixed a crash when installing a website as an app.
- Fixed a crash when importing data from another browser.
- Fixed an issue where certain webpages crash after a few seconds.
- Fixed an issue where tabs sometimes crash when certain accessibility features are enabled.
- Fixed a crash when interacting with downloads.
- Fixed a crash when viewing the new tab page.
- Fixed a crash when viewing weather from the new tab page.
- Fixed a crash when using Shopping.
- Fixed a crash when using Read Aloud on a different tab than the currently visible one.
- Fixed a hang on iOS.
- Fixed a crash in WebView2 apps
There are also a number of extra fixes and general improvements, which are listed along with known issues in the official announcement. Check out them here.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: