Microsoft today released the last Edge 94 build in the Dev channel. Version 94.0.992.1 comes with a few new features, and includes various fixes and improvements. The next Edge build based on Chromium 94 will be released in the Beta channel. The Dev channel will be then updated with builds based on version 95.
You can get the latest version of the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge from the official Edge Insider website. which hosts all the Insider channel releases. Existing users will receive the update automatically. If you want to speed up the process, then open Settings (Alt + F) > Help > About Microsoft Edge in the menu to make it check for updates and get the most recent build.
Here are the changes introduced in today's Edge Dev update.
What's new in Microsoft Edge 94.0.992.1
- Added support for the Downloads popup in PWAs and websites installed as apps.
- Added a setting to control if Microsoft Rewards points are shown on the browser’s profile UI.
- Added the ability to open local HTML files on iOS.
- Added an API to WebView2 for launching the Browser Task Manager.
- Added an API to WebView2 to listen for browser exits.
- Added a management policy to control if the setting for Web RTC to Respect the OS Routing Table is Enabled. Note that updates to administrative templates or documentation may not be live yet.
- Re-added URL suggestions to error pages that result from mis-typed web addresses.
- Fixed an issue where certain antivirus products prevent the browser from opening.
- Fixed a crash that happens when popups open or close.
- Fixed a crash when interacting with tabs.
- Fixed a crash when navigating to a website.
- Fixed a crash on launch.
- Fixed an issue where Guided Switch crashes the browser.
- Fixed a crash when saving autofill data from a popup that offered to save it.
- Fixed a crash on certain iPhones.
There is also a huge list of general improvements and known issues which you will find in the official announcement.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: