SimpleSndVol is the simple application what sits in your system tray near the clock and provides some useful and fast ways to control your sound volume and balance.
Here is the list of features:
- Easy access to sound balance with one click.
- Global hotkeys to change or mute volume.
- Change sound volume with mouse wheel/scroll. Hover tray icon and scroll up or down. Very useful.
- Middle click on tray icon will mute the sound.
- Several nice icon sets for tray.
Latest version is 126.96.36.199, see the change log below.
The tray icon has context menu which looks like this:
Using that menu, you can change settings of SimpleSndVol.
You can set the autostart with Windows option, enable/disable mouse scroll feature and set hotkeys.
There are several icon set for tray icons avaliable, such as:
You can create own icon theme, just create folder
C:\Program files\SimpleSndVol\Themes\My Theme and put 12 icons inside.
Meaning and filenames:
- icon00.ico - sound volume smaller than 5%.
- icon10.ico - sound volume between 5% & 10%.
- icon20.ico - sound volume between 10% & 20%.
- icon30.ico - sound volume between 20% & 30%.
- icon40.ico - sound volume between 30% & 40%.
- icon50.ico - sound volume between 40% & 50%.
- icon60.ico - sound volume between 50% & 60%.
- icon70.ico - sound volume between 60% & 70%.
- icon80.ico - sound volume between 70% & 80%.
- icon90.ico - sound volume between 80% & 90%.
- icon100.ico - sound volume greater than 90%.
- iconm.ico - sound volume muted.
* Added the ability to open the extended mixer by double click on the tray icon.
* Fixed crash in the Settings dialog
* Fixed wrong SimpleSndVol position when taskbar is not located at the bottom.
* Fixed: balloon tooltip appears even you click the tray icon
* Added support for Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. The appropriate version should be installed automatically.
* Fixed few issues with baloon tooltips
* Better balance handling.
* Initial release
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!