A new release of the popular Quinto Black CT skin for the good old Winamp player is available. Version 3.1 adds a feet to several components, new analog VU Meter scales, and more!
Winamp is one of the most popular media players available for Windows. It's also one of the oldest ones. From my personal experience, it is one of the most versatile and feature-rich media players, has an enormous variety of plugins and skins available and is stable enough for every day use.
Winamp is still loved by a huge number of users. Many people continue to create nice skins for this classic media player. One of them is PeterK, who is the author of the popular Quinto Black CT skin.
Quinto Black CT v3.1 comes with the following change log:
- added: new VU Meter (analog) scales
- added: feet to several components (caused some settings to go back to default - like Component Labels - please excuse the inconvenience)
- added: two new entries to Tips & Tricks
- added: CLOSE button to TRACK BOOKMARKS and PLAYLIST EDITOR2
- changed: RGB Color Changer context menu entry from "EQUALIZER BANDS" to "EQUALIZER SLIDER BARS"
- changed: "NOTIFIER BACKGROUND COLOR" context menu entry from "LIGHT" to "BRIGHT" (as opposite of dark)
- removed: black VU Meter (analog) scale background
- removed: yellow LED color from VU Meter (digital) (now only blue and green)
See the following screenshot.
The Quinto Black CT skin is created by PeterK., who is known for his high quality skins for the Winamp app. While the Winamp application is not getting updates for several years, it still has plenty of users. Many of them are making new skins. Quinto Black CT is one such skin. It is a modern skin (*.wal) which utilizes all the rich features of Winamp's skin engine.
The skin supports several color themes:
Download Quinto Black CT
You can download the updated Quinto Black CT skin from here:
Here are some technical details you might find interesting.
Skin Name: Quinto Black CT v3.1
Type: Modern Skin
File Extension: wal
Size: 4.59 MB
Many thanks to the author for sharing this skin with Winaero. All credits go to him.
According to the author, the future of the skin now depends on Radionomy and what they are going to do with Winamp. We will all see it in 2019.
There is an official forum thread for this skin HERE.
Tip: If you need to download the Winamp app, check out these links:
- Download the last stable version of Winamp 220.127.116.1116 plus skins and plugins.
- Winamp 5.8 Beta (Official version).
- Alternatively, you might be interested in joining Darren Owen's (@The_DoctorO) Winamp Community Update Pack project. It can be found HERE.
Feel free to share your impressions about this skin in the comments!
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: