Microsoft has disabled the programmatic access to Start Screen items pinning in Windows 8.1 and above. This is impossible to fix.
Pin to 8, formerly known as Start Screen Pinner - the universal pinner software for Windows 8. It can pin anything to the Start Screen or Taskbar in Windows 8. Finally it got the possibility to pin anything to Taskbar!
Latest version is 188.8.131.52, the change log is available below.
With our Pin to 8 you will able:
- to pin ANY file regardless of its type;
- to pin ANY folder;
- to pin drive;
- to pin Control Panel items, all them including some hidden like God Mode/All Tasks, Network Connections;
- to pin Libraries;
- to pin Shell Objects like Run command, "Show Desktop", Window Switcher;
- to pin any folders or files with drag and drop. Drop them on application window.
Note this pinning tool works properly in Windows 8 regardless of UI language.
Pin to 8 in action
Various app optimizations.
Added an option to check for updates manually.
Added an option to unlock the "Pin to Start Screen" feature to all files and folders in File Explorer. More info.
* improved user folders' location detection in case when folder redirection is enabled via Group Policy
* fixed crash of app when it was started from a network share
* fixed the file/folder pinning issue when the target file is located on a network share.
Many thanks to Alexey Maximov for the extremely useful bug report.
- Fixed a bug in "already pinned" check
- New command line options are implemented:
"Pin to 8.exe" /t c:\DWM\DWMLoader.exe - pins DWMLoader.exe to taskbar.
"Pin to 8.exe" /s c:\DWM\DWMLoader.exe - pins DWMLoader.exe to Start Screen.
Provided x64 version, which contains most complete list of "Special Items" of Windows 8 x64.
Initial release, based on Start Screen Pinner
Pin to 8 is a portable application and doesn’t require to be installed. Just unzip and run it.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!