The recently released Windows 10 build 10061 features an updated People app. Out-of-the-box, this application does not work and crashes, however, with by editing a file, it is possible to get this app working. Here is how it can be done.
- Open the People app and close it.
- Open File Explorer
- Enable hidden items to be shown. Refer to the following article for more details: How to hide files quickly. That article contains all the necessary information about hidden files.
- Type the following text in the address bar of File Fxplorer
- Open the contacts.txt file with Notepad and remove all the content between the first line and the END_OF_FILE file. Your file might look like this:
- Start the People app. It should work now.
Note that the People app is still buggy and not intended for daily use. It just shows the way Microsoft is moving ahead (via).
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: