Besides including the new Start menu in the latest KB4568831, build 19042.423, Microsoft has revealed that the update is also resolves a number of known issues in Windows 10 version 2004, making it available for a wider range of devices.
Every time Microsoft releases a new feature update for Windows 10, it also ships a list a known issues. Most of the issues are usually minor, but some of them may significantly affect your workflow.
Luckily, there are only a few known issues left in the list. The latest patch resolved the following problems in the OS, although some of them are only mitigated. For the mitigated issues, Microsoft will roll out a reliable fix this month.
- [resolved] Difficulty connecting to more than one Bluetooth device
Windows 10 devices with certain Realtek drivers might be unable to connect to more than one Bluetooth device.
- [resolved] Variable refresh rate not working as expected on devices with Intel iGPU
Enabling VRR on affected devices will not enable the VRR for games using Direct X 9.
- [mitigated] Issue with older drivers for Nvidia display adapters (GPU)
You might have issues if you are using an Nvidia display adapter (GPU) and drivers with a version below 358.00.
Unfortunately, there are issues that are still not resolved. The list is small and looks as follows.
- Issues updating or starting up devices when aksfridge.sys or aksdf.sys is present
Devices with apps or drivers using certain versions of aksfridge.sys or aksdf.sys might have issues updating or starting
- Dragging with the mouse in some apps might cause issues for some IME users
Users of the Microsoft IME for Chinese and Japanese might receive an error or the app might stop responding or close.
- Errors or issues during or after updating devices with Conexant ISST audio drivers
Devices with affected Conexant ISST audio drivers might receive an error or have issues with Windows 10, version 2004.
- Errors or issues during or after updating devices with certain Conexant audio drivers
Devices with affected Conexant or Synaptics audio drivers might receive a stop error with a blue screen.
Some of those are there for a couple of months.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: