Three days ago, Microsoft released patches to fix a bug that causes blue screens of death with the APC_INDEX_MISMATCH error code with the Patch Tuesday updates for March installed. It affects systems with Type 3 printer drivers and causes a bugcheck whenever a user tries to print a document, webpage, or anything else. However, there are more issues with printing were discovered in Patch Tuesday released on March 9.
A new issue is confirmed by Microsoft.
Microsoft identified an issue that affects Windows 10 devices which applied the March 2021 security update released March 9, 2021 and the out-of-band updates released March 15, 2021, and a resolution has been expedited. Affected devices might receive unexpected results when printing from some apps or to some printers. Issues might include missing or solid color graphics, misalignment/formatting issues, or printing of blank pages/labels.
To resolve the above, the Redmond software giant has released the following patches
- KB5001649 for Windows 10, version 20H2 and Windows Server, version 20H2
- KB5001649 for Windows 10, version 2004 and Windows Server, version 2004
- KB5001648 for Windows 10, version 1909 and Windows Server, version 1909
- KB5001638 for Windows 10, version 1809 and Windows Server 2019
- KB5001634 for Windows 10, version 1803
- KB5001633 for Windows 10, version 1607 and Windows Server 2016
- KB5001631 for Windows 10, version 1507
The patches are optional. This is that only users with affected systems are recommended to install them. This can be done in Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. There, look for the section Optional Update Available and click Download and install. Alternatively, go to Microsoft Update Catalog and look for the update for the Windows 10 version you have installed.
Microsoft said that it will soon release more updates for the remaining affected versions of Windows.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: