Microsoft has released a new build of Chromium-based Microsoft Edge 95.0.997.1 to the Dev Channel. It brings several new features as well as various fixes and improvements. This is the first build with major version 95 on the Dev channel.
Besides a few new changes, the release is also notable for a huge list of other general fixes and improvements, and known issues. You'll find them in the official announcement.
What's new in Microsoft Edge Dev 95.0.997.1
- Added the ability to use the keyboard keys to ink on PDFs and web captures.
- Enabled by default the ability to sync payment cards by uploading payment card data filled in webpages to a Microsoft account.
- Fixed an issue where interacting with autofill popups sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed a crash when dragging tabs between windows.
- Fixed a tab crash.
- Fixed a crash when closing tabs that contain Office documents.
- Fixed a crash when editing saved passwords in Settings.
- Fixed a crash on Mac when the management policy to Force Sign In is provisioned.
- Mobile issues:
- Fixed a crash when organizing favorites.
- Fixed a crash when deleting a favorite.
- Fixed a crash on launch.
- Fixed a crash when signing out of the browser.
- Fixed an issue where the browser fails to open.
- Fixed a hang when navigating to malicious sites that are blocked by SmartScreen.
- Fixed an issue where WebView2 apps sometimes crash soon after launching (Issue 1678).
Download Microsoft Edge Dev
The Chromium-based Microsoft Edge Dev is available for download on the official Edge Insider website. Existing users will receive the update automatically in a few hours. If you want to speed up the process, then open Settings (Alt + F) > Help > About Microsoft Edge in the menu to make it check for updates and get the most recent build.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: