A new Edge Dev build 103.0.1253.0 makes it simpler to search through your browsing history. Now you can type something like "Youtube from last week" in the history flyout to quickly filter your past navigation entries.
The rest of the changes are not so noticeable to the consumer, as they fix various bugs and change small details in the browser's behavior.
- Added the ability to pin PWA/websites installed as apps to the taskbar from their … menus.
- Enabled by default the ability to search in the History popup using natural language (for example, “Youtube from last week”).
- Added a management policy to set the Internet Explorer mode Zoom Display type, which controls if the browser’s zoom level takes into account the current display scale like IE used to (for example, if display scaling is set to 150%, then IE’s default zoom level would show 150%). Note that updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have occurred yet.
- Fixed a crash on launch.
- Fixed a crash when visiting certain websites.
- Fixed a crash when adding items to Collections.
- Fixed a crash when switching profiles in the Edge Bar.
- Fixed a crash in WebView2 applications when adding Status Bar text.
- Fixed an issue where the browser sometimes doesn’t respond to links clicked from other applications if it’s not already open.
- Fixed an issue where the browser isn’t brought into the foreground if it’s minimized when clicking on a notification in the Windows Action Center.
- Fixed an issue where previously-opened tabs are sometimes restored when first opening the browser even though they’re not supposed to be.
- Fixed an issue where vertical tabs are improperly colored when using custom themes.
- Fixed an issue where the Find on Page UI is red.
More details in the official announcement.
You can download Microsoft Edge Dev from the official Edge Insider website. Existing users will get this update automatically.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: