Microsoft has released a new Microsoft Edge version to the Dev channel. Edge Dev build 102.0.1227.0 comes with a new Network Service Sandbox policy, and a bunch of stability and security fixes and improvements.
What's new in Edge Dev 102.0.1227.0
- Added a management policy to control if the Network Service Sandbox is Enabled. Note that disabling the Network process sandbox is an increased security risk, and updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have occurred yet.
- Fixed a crash on startup.
- Fixed a crash on launch on Mac when certain pages are restored during startup.
- Fixed a crash when enabling Rewards.
- Fixed a crash when interacting with the address bar.
- Fixed a crash when interacting with popups.
- Fixed a crash when using Read Aloud.
- Fixed an issue where copy/paste sometimes doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where the Setting to control the Picture in Picture button isn’t available.
- Fixed an issue where searching for a setting makes the Settings page go blank.
- Fixed an issue where certain Settings pages like the Profile Preferences page are blank.
- Various auto-fill improvements
Check out the official announcement for the full list of changes and known issues.
If you are already using Edge Dev on your computer, you will receive the update automatically in the coming hours. To get it right now, open the browser, and select "Settings" from the menu. Now, switch to the "About Microsoft Edge" page, so the browser will install the latest version.
You can also download Chromium-based Microsoft Edge Dev manually from the official Edge Insider website.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: