Last time we saw how to create, change, and delete a schedule for the Offline Files sync operation. Today, we will review how to sync your network files and folders with the local Offline Files folder manually.
Offline Files is a special feature of Windows that allows you to access files stored on a network share locally, even when you are not connected to that network. In modern Windows version, it includes a special "Always Offline" mode, that saves your bandwidth by syncing files between your PC and the appropriate network share periodically.
What is the Offline Files Feature
Offline Files makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable or slow. When working online, file access performance is at the speed of the network and server. When working offline, files are retrieved from the Offline Files folder at local access speeds. A computer switches to Offline Mode when:
- Always Offline mode has been enabled
- The server is unavailable
- The network connection is slower than a configurable threshold
- The user manually switches to Offline Mode by using the Work offline button in File Explorer
Note: The Offline Files feature is available
- In Windows 7 in the Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions.
- In Windows 8 in the Pro and Enterprise editions.
- In Windows 10 in the Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.
Manually Sync Offline Files
If you want, you can sync your offline files at any moment of time. The procedure is very simple.
To manually Sync Offline Files in Windows 10, do the following.
- Open the classic Control Panel app.
- Switch its view to either "Large icons" or "Small icons" as shown below.
- Find the Sync Center icon.
- Open Sync Center and click on the link View sync partnerships.
- On the right, select the Offline Files sync partnership.
- Click on the Sync all button on the toolbar.
- Alternatively, you can sync individual items. Double-click on the Offline Files item to open it.
- Select the desired items and then click on the button Sync on the toolbar.
You are done! The files are now synchronized with your local Offline Files folder.
- Enable Offline Files in Windows 10
- Enable Always Offline Mode for Files in Windows 10
- Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows 10
- Change Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows 10
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: