Today is Patch Tuesday, so Microsoft updates all supported operating systems. These updates do not bring any new features, but fix bugs and close vulnerabilities. Here are the released patches.
- Windows 11 (version 22H2) - KB5022303 (OS Build 22621.1105). Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Windows 11 (version 21H2) - KB5022287 (OS Build 22000.1455). Microsoft Update Catalog.
The key changes include:
- Addresses issues that affect the Local Session Manager (LSM). These issues might allow users who do not have admin rights to perform actions that only an admin can.
- Addresses a known issue that affects apps that use Microsoft Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) SQL Server Driver (sqlsrv32.dll) to connect to databases. The connection might fail. You might also receive an error in the app, or you might receive an error from the SQL Server.
- Version 21H2: This update addresses an issue that might affect startup on some Windows devices. They might receive an error (0xc000021a) and have a blue screen.
Note: OS versions 20H2, 21H1, 21H2, and 22H2 share a common base version and have an identical set of system files. They receive the same cumulative updates.
- Windows 10 2022 Update (version 22H2) - KB5022282 (OS Build 19045.2486). Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Windows 10 November 2021 Update (version 21H2) - KB5022282 (OS Build 19044.2486). Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Windows 10 October 2020 Update (version 20H2) - KB5022282 (OS Build 19042.2486). Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) - KB5022286 (OS Build 17763.3887). Microsoft Update Catalog.
These share the change log with Windows 11. You can find detailed information about the updates on the official website by using the links above.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: