You can add OEM info in Windows 11 in order to make it show a vendor logo, its name, and other details on the System > About page in Settings. It also appears in the classic System Properties.
Microsoft allows manufacturers to place OEM information into the About section in Windows Settings. Users can find there detailed information about a particular model, a link to the manufacturer's website, support hours, support phone, etc. If you own a PC building show and want to add a bit of personalization to your PC, this article will tell you how to add OEM info in Windows 11.
Similar to all hidden things in Windows, it all begins with opening Registry Editor.
Add OEM Info in Windows 11
- Press Win + R and enter the
regeditcommand. There are other ways to open Registry Editor in Windows 11, which we have covered in a dedicated article.
- Go to the following path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation. You can copy that path and paste it into the address bar.
- Now it is time to create a few string (REG_SZ) registry values with all the data you need. Right-click empty space and select New > String.
- Create one or several of the listed below keys and change their values accordingly.
Here is all the info you can include in the About section:
Manufacturer. Vendor of a PC. For example, MSI, ASUS, Microsoft.
Model. For example, Laptop 2, Desktop 4, Tablet S, etc.
SupportHours. Here you can put a time when you or your shop is available for support inquires.
SupportPhone. Again, straightforward. Specify a phone a customer can use to reach you for support.
SupportURL. If you have a website, you can place it here. Users with a PC that has the
SupportURLvalue in the registry will be able to click a link to your website in the About section in Windows 11.
Logo. Apart from text OEM info, you can put your own logo in the About Keep in mind there are some limitations. You can only use a 120x120 pixels BMP file with 32-bit color depth. Place a file somewhere in the OS's directories and then copy the path to it. Use it as the Logo value data.
Add manufacturer info to Windows 11 using Winaero Tweaker
If you find editing Windows Registry a bit daunting, you can use Winaero Tweaker with a user-friendly UI for more convenient edits. Download Winaero Tweaker using this link.
Next, launch the app and find the Tools\ Change OEM Info section option. Now, fill in the necessary fields.
Ready-for-use registry files
Alternatively, you can download ready-for-use registry files and fill in all the OEM info for a particular PC using a regular Notepad. There is also a BMP file sample you can use for your logo.
- Download the files in a ZIP archive using this link.
- Unpack the archive to any folder and unblock the files if needed.
- Right-click the reg file and select Open With > Notepad.
- Replace values inside quotation marks with your OEM information.
- Save changes, then double-click the file and confirm changes in the registry.
- Open Windows Settings (Win + I) and go to System > About and check out your OEM information.
How to edit or remove OEM information in Windows 11
- Open the Registry Editor.
- Go to
- Edit any of the existing value.
- If you want to remove OEM information, simply delete all string vakues under the OEMInformation subkey.
That is how you add and edit OEM information in Windows 11.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: