Microsoft has released monthly cumulative updates for all supported operating systems. Traditionally for Patch Tuesday, they do not bring anything new besides fixes. Updates are already live on Windows Update.
Here are the changes.
- Addresses a known issue that might prevent some of you from opening the Start menu. On the affected devices, clicking or tapping the Start button or using the Windows keyboard shortcut might have no effect.
- Addresses security issues for your Windows operating system.
This update also comes with a known issue. IE mode tabs in Edge may stop responding when a site displays a modal dialog box. This issue is resolved using a Known Issue Rollback option. There is also a dedicated group policy package, KB5014019 220624_22553 Known Issue Rollback.
- November 2021 Update (version 21H2) - KB5016616 (OS Build 19044.1889). Microsoft Update Catalog .
- May 2021 Update (version 21H1) - KB5016616 (OS Build 19043.1889). Microsoft Update Catalog .
- October 2020 Update (version 20H2) - KB5016616 (OS Build 19042.1889). Microsoft Update Catalog .
- October 2018 Update (version 1809) - KB5016623 (OS Build 17763.3287). Microsoft Update Catalog .
They come with the following change log.
What's new for Windows 10
Addresses an issue that might cause the Local Security Authority Server Service (LSASS) to leak tokens. This issue affects devices that have installed Windows updates dated June 14, 2022 or later. This issue occurs when the device performs a specific form of service for user (S4U) in a non-Trusted Computing Base (TCB) Windows service that runs as Network Service.
- Addresses an issue that creates a duplicate print queue. This causes the original print queue to lose functionality.
- Addresses a known issue that might prevent the Input Indicator and Language Bar from displaying in the notification area. This issue affects devices that have more than one language installed.
They also have a known issue.
Devices with Windows installations created from custom offline media or custom ISO image might have Microsoft Edge Legacy removed by this update, but not automatically replaced by the new Microsoft Edge. To avoid this issue, be sure to first slipstream the SSU released March 29, 2021 or later into the custom offline media or ISO image before slipstreaming the LCU.
Similar to Windows 11, IE mode tabs in Edge may stop responding when a site displays a modal dialog box. It is also resolved via the Known Issues Rollback. You can download a group policy package for Windows 10, version 20H2 and Windows 10, version 21H1 - Windows 10 20H2, 21H1 and 21H2 KB5014023 220624_22551 Known Issue Rollback.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: