Microsoft is releasing a new cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903 'May 2019 Update'. The patch KB4497935 raises the operating system version to build 18362.145, and comes with the following change log.
Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue that may prevent Custom URI Schemes for Application Protocol handlers from starting the corresponding application for local intranet and trusted sites on Internet Explorer.
- Addresses an issue that prevents certain apps from launching when you set folder redirection for the Roaming AppData folder to a network path.
- Addresses an issue that my turn off Night light mode during display mode changes.
- Addresses an issue that may distort the rendering of a full-screen game when the Microsoft Game bar is visible on top of the game.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the removal of Bluetooth® peripheral devices from some systems with specific Bluetooth radios.
- Addresses an issue that may cause event 7600 in the Domain Name System (DNS) server event log to contain an unreadable server name.
- Addresses an issue in which the dots per inch (DPI) of the guest does not match the host.
- Addresses an issue that may cause an external USB device or SD memory card to be reassigned to an incorrect drive during installation. For more information, see "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10" error on a computer that has a USB device or SD card attached.
- Addresses an issue in which a File Share Witness does not remove Server Message Block (SMB) handles, which causes a server to eventually stop accepting SMB connections.
- Addresses an issue that prevents an application protocol URL from being opened when hosted on an intranet page.
- Addresses an issue with BranchCache when it is in distributed cache mode. BranchCache may use more disk space than assigned for the republication cache. To fully address the issue, devices that have exceeded the disk space assignments should empty BranchCache using the netsh branchcache flushcommand.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent some Direct3D applications and games from entering full-screen mode if the display’s orientation has been changed from the default.
- Addresses an issue with creating a Windows catalog file on an x64 system using Windows System Image Manager. For more information, see What's new in ADK kits and tools.
- Addresses an issue that causes a delay when loading many unsigned Domain Name System (DNS) zones related to the Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC) feature. This issue occurs after configuring the following registry setting:
Type: DWORD Value: A value of 1 enables the feature. A value of 0 disables the feature.
Restart the operating system or the DNS server after changing the registry values.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
Known issues in this update
|When opening games that utilize BattlEye anti-cheat software, the BattlEye UI or game may display one of the following errors:
Some games that use older BattlEye versions are not compatible with Windows 10, version 1903. BattlEye has provided an updated patch for games we know are affected.
For a list of recent games that use BattlEye, go to www.battleye.com/.
|Do one or more of the following:
For more troubleshooting options, go to www.battleye.com/support/faq/.
|Windows Sandbox may fail to start with "ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002)" on devices in which the operating system language is changed during the update process when installing Windows 10, version 1903.||Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.|
How to get this update
Before installing this update
Microsoft strongly recommends you install the latest servicing stack update (SSU) for your operating system before installing the latest cumulative update (LCU). SSUs improve the reliability of the update process to mitigate potential issues while installing the LCU. For more information, see Servicing stack updates.
Install this update
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: