Context Menu Tuner is an application which allows you to customize Explorer's context menu in Windows 10, Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.
More screenshots are available below.
Latest version is 18.104.22.168, see the change log below.
Unlike other tools, it provides you the following options:
- Ability to add ANY Ribbon command to the context menu of any file, folder, desktop or/and specific file type. This includes even commands which are not added to the ribbon by default.
- Ability to add a custom command to the context menu of any file, folder, desktop or/and specific file type. You can specify the title and icon for the context menu item and add command line arguments for the application you use.
- For every menu item you added you can additionally specify the following:
- position: top or bottom;
- separator: you will be able to add a separator before or after the context menu item;
- you can prevent the context menu item from being the default action;
- you can tweak the context menu item to be shown only if SHIFT key is pressed on the keyboard.
Context Menu Tuner: ribbon command/separators demo
Context Menu Tuner: custom item demo
Context Menu Tuner: context menu for specific file type
Context Menu Tuner supports all editions of Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. It is the portable application and does not require to be installed. Windows 7 users have to install .NET Framework 4.5 to get this app working.
Context Menu Tuner has translatable UI and you can translate it with simple text file. Just rename the Languages\English_template.ini to YourLanguage.ini and translate strings in that file. That's it. Feel free to send me your translations - I will include them with application zip archive.
Hungarian - many thanks to "BlueEyes HelpDesk"
German - many thanks to "Eike Bierwirth"
Brazilian Portuguese - many thanks to "Bruno A. Vieira"
Spain - many thanks to "Ricardo Gutiйrrez"
Czech - many thanks to "Richard Kahl"
Dutch - many thanks to "Alex Kpn"
Context Menu Tuner in action
Again, fixed invalid window size (Context Menu Tuner appeared invisible). Removed the incorrect implementation in the app, used the one from the common control library. Thanks to Ricardo Gutiйrrez for assistance.
Fixed invalid window size (Context Menu Tuner appeared invisible)
Added Spain translation.
+The ability to add commands to the drive context menu.
+The ability to add commands to the context menu of Libraries
+The tooltip of a Ribbon command in the list contains the command name.
+The application got a black list with commands which affect the stability of File Explorer. If you found out that some command causes crashes of File Explorer once you added it to the context menu, tell please which command it was in the comments. I will add to the black list and it won't appear in the list of available commands any more.
No more separate x86/x64 folders. A new universal binary file supports all 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions.
Again, performance improvements.
Fixed stability issues reported by users. Thank you guys for your bug reports!
Minor improvements and fixes.
Speed up application several times. It starts much faster now.
Added the manual update check.
Added main window position and size saving
Added translation for the "add custom item" string