Microsoft is releasing a new Insider Preview of Windows Server. Build 18334 represents a release in the Windows Server vNext Semi-Annual Channel.
The official announcement comes with the following change log.
Server Core App Compatibility feature on demand (FOD)
The Server Core App Compatibility FOD was new in Windows Server 2019 and Windows Server, version 1809. We are continuing investment in the App Compatibility FOD based on customer and Insider feedback.
New in this Insider release for App Compatibility FOD:
- Task Scheduler (Taskschd.msc)
Please try it and let us know! More to come…
- Windows Server vNext Semi-Annual Preview The Server Core Edition is available in the 18 supported Server languages in ISO format and in English only in VHDX format.
- Windows Server Core App Compatibility FoD Preview
- Windows Server Language Packs
- Windows Admin Center 1812
The following keys allow for unlimited activations of Windows Server Previews
- Server Standard: V6N4W-86M3X-J77X3-JF6XW-D9PRV
- Server Datacenter: B69WH-PRNHK-BXVK3-P9XF7-XD84W
This Windows Server Preview will expire July 5th, 2019.
Symbols are available on the public symbol server – see Update on Microsoft’s Symbol Server blog post and Using the Microsoft Symbol Server. Matching Windows Server container images will be available via Docker Hub. For more information about Windows Server containers and Insider builds, click here.
How to Download
Registered Insiders may navigate directly to the Windows Server Insider Preview download page. If you have not yet registered as an Insider, see GETTING STARTED WITH SERVER on the Windows Insiders for Business portal.
Windows Server Bug Fixes
- We fixed an issue where In-place upgrade failed.
- We fixed an issue where a CPU spike may happen when Windows Server logs obsolete Windows Error Reporting reports PnPDriverInstallError and PnPDriverImportError.
- We fixed an issue where Dynamic Update Setup on Server shows “Installing Windows 10” instead of Server.
- We fixed an issue where ADFS Requests with invalid domain suffixes fail after a long delay (around 3 minutes) with error DS_NAME_ERROR_DOMAIN_ONLY. This can cause queued legitimate requests to experience delays or also timeout.
- We fixed an issue where Windows may attempt to reuse an expired DHCP lease if the lease expired while the OS was shutdown.
Windows Server Known Issues
- [New] A local user’s last logon time output from “net user username” may not be recorded even when the user has accessed the server’s network share.
- Scheduled startup tasks may fail to run. An event is logged, ID 101 with the error code ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE when the failure occurs.
- A virtual machine may not report all virtual fibre channel (vfc) LUNs after powering on if there are 2000+ vfc LUNs. WMI queries from the host show the LUNS available. Restarting the VMMs may show the LUNS again as available.
- DCPromo fails if the interface metric of the physical NIC is larger than Loopback Interface
19919812 Third-party password filter dlls may not be notified when the local Administrator account’s password was changed
- [New] Attempting system image recovery from an image located on a network share may result in error “A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated”
- Server FODs are not retained after in-place (or B2B) upgrade
- Domain Controller rename updates incorrect attributes in AD leaving orphaned data behind (ValidateSPNsAndDNSHostNameActual). This can be reproduced by adding a new FQDN, setting it as primary, restarting the domain controller, then removing the current FQDN. Checking the msDS-AdditionalDnsHostName, msDS-AdditionalSamAccountName and servicePrincipalName attributes will incorrect values.
- Invalid file may be created in %Systemroot%\System32\LogFiles\Sum by User Access Logging
- Self-service users cannot install Feature on Demand (FOD) packages and Language Packs for Windows Server Update Service (WSUS), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and Autopilot scenarios.
- A container host may become unresponsive due to a deadlock when attempting to mount a volume. On an affected system, Docker hangs on all commands.
- When a Windows Defender Application Guard container crashes, the resulting type of dump may be unexpected.