Microsoft today releases a new Fast Ring build to Insiders. Windows 10 Build 19587 comes with general improvements and fixes. Its change log doesn't list any new feature.
General changes & improvements
- Based on feedback, when you have muted your volume, the volume will now not unmute when using the hardware keyboard volume keys until you raise the volume (or manually unmute).
- We made a couple of improvements to Narrator and how it works with some of the controls in Windows:
- Narrator now uses a more friendly string to describe the audio output in the Select playback device dropdown menu in the volume flyout.
- Narrator now announces more information in the Add Bluetooth or other devices dialog in the Settings application when first opened.
- We fixed an issue where the new icon next to Scan with Microsoft Defender in File Explorer’s context menu didn’t have a transparent background.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Default Apps page in Settings crashing when you tried to change defaults.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the search box being missing from certain apps.
- We fixed an issue where some files couldn’t be opened in win32 apps from File Explorer when the path length to the file was very long and parts of the path included East Asian characters.
- We fixed an issue where thumbnails weren’t being generated for pictures inside a Work Folder.
- We fixed an issue where adding the Session column to the Users tab in Task Manager would result in not being able to expand the details for a particular user.
- We’re blocking this build from ARM devices because of an issue causing them to receive a bugcheck.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview. See this article for details.
- We are aware Narrator and NVDA users that seek the latest release of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium may experience some difficulty when navigating and reading certain web content. Narrator, NVDA and the Edge teams are aware of these issues. Users of legacy Microsoft Edge will not be affected. NVAccess has released a NVDA 2019.3 that resolves the known issue with Edge.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- Some devices may experience a bugcheck (GSOD) during the reboot to install this update. If this happens, log in, schedule a time for the update to install, and then log off all user profiles before the scheduled install time. The install will then proceed as expected.
- The Documents section under Privacy has a broken icon (just a rectangle).
- When trying to use Win + PrtScn to capture a screenshot, the image is not saved to the Screenshots directory. For now, you’ll need to use one of the other options for taking screenshots, such as WIN + Shift + S.
- We’re looking into reports where, when running corruption repair (DISM), the process will stop at 84.9%.
- We’re investigating reports that Sticky Notes windows cannot be moved on the desktop. As a workaround, when you set focus to Sticky Notes, press Alt+Space. This will bring up a menu that contains a Move option. Select it, then you should be able to use either the arrow keys or the mouse to move the window.
If you have configured your device to receive updates from the Fast Ring ring, open Settings - > Update & recovery and click on the Check for Updates button on the right. This will install the latest available Insider Preview of Windows 10.