Microsoft today released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17758 to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. This build was released to Insiders in the Fast Ring on Wednesday, and comes with bugfixes only.
The change log comes with the following highlights.
Tip: Here's how to tweak your PC to ensure top performance for a specific type of task, be it gaming, document work or something else.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This does not mean this is the final build as we are not done yet. We’re just now beginning the phase of checking in final code to prepare for the final release.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the back button in Settings and other apps becoming white text on a white background if you hovered over it.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Narrator not reading selected word choices when typing using an IME (for example, in Japanese).
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain apps crashing when you tried to save a file from the app.
- We fixed an issue resulting in explorer.exe crashing recently when clicking on the “Import photos and videos” option from an autoplay notification.
- We fixed an issue resulting in nearby sharing not working for local accounts where the account name contained certain Chinese, Japanese, or Korean characters.
- When you use the Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting, you might see text clipping issues, or find that text is not increasing in size everywhere.
To get this build, open the Settings app and go to Update & Recovery - Windows Update. Click on the button 'Check for updates' on the right. You computer must be configured to receive updates from the Slow ring.