Windows 10 come with a very useful utility which allows you to create a special system repairdisk. If something happens to your OS and it does not boot, then you can use that disk to try to recover the operating system. This system repair disk will be useful in case you have no other bootable media, e.g. Windows setup disk. Here is how to create it.
If you want to have a system repair disk for scenarios when you can't start Windows 10 even in Safe mode, then you need to follow the instructions below.
- Insert a blank DVD disk in your DVD/Blu-ray drive.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Go to Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
- On the left, you will find an option called "Create a system repair disk":Tip: Alternatively, you can press Win + R shortcut keys together on the keyboard and type the following text in the Run box:
It will directly launch the Recovery Drive wizard.
- Select the your DVD/Blu-ray drive and click the button Create disc to proceed.
- Follow the setup wizard and wait till all the necessary files are copied.
That's it. The next time you face an issue with your PC/Laptop, you can use the disk you just created to access the recovery options.