How to Remove All Installed Themes At Once in Windows 10
In this article, we will see how to delete custom themes installed manually of from the Store in Windows 10. You can do it much faster by avoiding selection individual themes in Settings > Personalization. This can be done without third-party tools.
Starting with Windows 7, Microsoft invented a new theme format - themepack. It was created so all the theme resources would be packed inside a single file and sharing of such themes would be easy. In Windows 8, the file format was revised to deskthemepack, and supported specifying if the window color would be automatically set based on the dominant color of the desktop background. Windows 10 supports both themepack and deskthemepack formats.
When you install a themepack, Windows 10 extract its contents to the folder
%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes, which expands to
By deleting its contents, you can quickly erase the installed custom themes.
To Remove All Installed Themes At Once in Windows 10,
- Open Settings.
- Navigate to Personalization > Themes, and click on any default Windows theme to apply it.
- Close the Settings app.
- Open File Explorer, and paste this line to its address bar:
%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes. Hit Enter.
- In the
Themesfolder, press Ctrl + A to select all files and folders.
- Now, press the Del key to remove the selected data.
You are done. This will remove the selected themes all at once, so they will no longer be available on the Themes page in Settings.
Alternatively, you can use the Ribbon in File Explorer to delete the themes.
Quickly Remove All Installed Themes with File Explorer Ribbon
- In File Explorer, open the
- Click on Home, and them click on Select all in the Select group.
- In the Organize group click on Delete.
- You are done.
You are done!
- How To Delete Or Uninstall A Theme in Windows 10
- How To Remove and Delete Default Themes In Windows 10