Hotkeys are very important to improve the usability and productivity of software. They save your time. Every Windows user is probably familiar with at least the Win key shortcut keys. Windows 10, the new OS from Microsoft, features an updated Start menu, virtual desktops and some more GUI updates. Besides these changes, it comes with a set of new hotkeys, which I would like to share in this article.
The following hotkeys were added to Windows 10:
- Create a new virtual desktop: Win + Ctrl + D
- Switch active virtual desktop: Win + Ctrl + Left or Right
- Close current virtual desktop: Win + Ctrl + F4
- Snapping window: Win + Left or Right (can be used with UP or DOWN arrow keys to get into quadrants)
- Task view: Win + Tab the Task view will be opened on the screen.
That's it. It is quite possible that Microsoft will add more useful keyboard shortcuts for the final release of Windows 10. Time will show.