Whenever we think of upgrading our computer with a brand new SSD, the very first possibility which comes knocking is going through the entire Windows installation system from scratch. But, if you wish to avoid doing the same or back up your Windows OS to a new bootable SSD, then you can bank on the iSunshare CloneGo software.
It doesn’t get easier than this to clone Windows 10 system partition to SSD at a reasonably easier and faster manner by keeping all the settings and files intact in the SSD drive. This Windows cloning software ranks high in terms of versatility and allows cloning the system partition of Windows 7/8 and 10 as well as data partition in a seamless manner. It also functions as a Windows backup which restores the software which can keep your back whenever you wish to back up the same.
Apart from being able to clone Windows 10 system partition to SSD, you are also bound to feel delighted with its easy user interface which makes the learning curve extremely comfortable to deal with. Today we are going to base our discussion around the steps to clone Windows 10 system partition to SSD. But first we are going to take a look at the diverse possibilities of CloneGo.
- You can clone or copy your Windows operating system into another SSD, HDD or hard drive and make it bootable. In this process, you won’t be required to reinstall the Windows OS.
- If you wish to add SSD to your computer while retaining the HDD, then you can bank on CloneGo for creating an accurate copy of your original Windows OS copy into another hard drive. This can help you in booting your computer from the SSD having same OS. This process is extremely simple and can be attained by just a few clicks. On completion of the copying process, you can boot your computer from SSD by keeping HDD as data partition.
- CloneGo iSunshare software helps users create backup copies of the Windows system partition as a file on another hard disk or in a partition. All you have to do next is quickly restore it when you want to use it.
- CloneGo serves as a great backup for data irrespective of the file type. You can store all data in a partition following data backup and create a backup file of the entire partition using this software. Next, you can store the backup file in the cloud, an USB device or the HDD/SSD.
- This easy to use cloning software of Windows assists in cloning dynamic volume to a basic disk. Such attributes make it the perfect choice for people who otherwise face difficulty undertaking the dynamic to basic volume conversion.
- One of the best thing about the iSunshare CloneGo software is that it allows creation of WinPE which helps in running the program without having to log into the computer.
Enough said, lets now take a look at the means to clone Windows 10 system partition to SSD using the iSunshare CloneGo software. Herein you can proceed with either the ‘Copy’ or ‘Backup’ feature and we will cover both the same in details.
Copying The Windows Partition Or System to SSD
Prior to cloning Windows 10 system partition to SSD using this cloning software, you will be required to connect your system with an external hard drive having enough space. It is advisable to choose a new HDD or SSD as the destination target. Next you will have to follow these below-mentioned steps:
- Primarily, you will have to open CloneGo and select the Copy option present at the left section of the interface.
- Next, you will have to choose the source target which is actually the Windows system or the partition. Herein, it is imperative to note that the partition is the place where the installation drive of the Windows software takes place for being copied under the ‘Select a source target’ option. By Default, ‘C:\’ is the source target.
- Now you will have to ‘Select a destination target’ for storing the partition or the copied system. Your selected destination target will be formatted by CloneGo and thus it is advisable to have the partition data backed up in advance.
- in the fourth step, you will have to click on the ‘Start’ button appearing at the lower right corner of the screen before clicking on OK. This will open a small window which shall seek out your confirmation.
- This below window will next pop-out if you choose the destination target as GPT format.
- Ultimately, you will have to click on the OK button from the pop-out window which denotes that your operation has been completed. You can next boot the device from the HDD or SSD for running the copied partition or system.
Backing-Up The Windows Partition Or System to SSD
- Firstly, you will have to run the iSunshare CloneGo software and click on the Backup option appearing in its left panel.
- Next, you will have to choose the Windows system or partition for backing up the data under ‘Select a volume to back up’ option.
- Thirdly, you will have to click on Choose button in the ‘Select a path to save the backup file’ section. You will have to choose the partition having adequate space for saving your backup file. You can also rename the backup file as per your requirements in the bar.
- Next you will have to click on the ‘Start’ button appearing at the lower right side of the interface. A small window will pop-up seeking out your permission for backing up the system or partition. You will have to click on OK before proceeding with the next step.
- In the last step of the back-up process, you will have to click on OK once the backup process has completed successfully. However, for running the same, you will have to first restore the icg file.
Restore The Windows Partition Or System to SSD
The restoration destination needs to be the partition of another disk like an external SSD. You can also choose an empty partition in your new hard drive since your target partition will be first formatted by the new drive.
- Primarily, you will have to click on the Restore option appearing at the left side of the CloneGo user interface.
- Next, you will have to select a partition having adequate space from the ‘Select the restoration destination’ option. The partition where the backup file is saved or where the present operating system is installed and the restoration destination for backup partition cannot be the same.
- You will now have to open the image file which you had backed up prior to restoration. This can be done by clicking the Choose button which will thereafter directly import the icg file.
- In the fourth step, you will have to click on the ‘Start’ button and confirm the formatting of the restoration destination.
- While using the GPT partition, you will be prompted by the software to allocate a new FAT partition from your current one.
- In the last step, you will receive a notification stating the successful completion of your process. You can check the partition or backup system in this step.
It becomes super easy to clone Windows 10 system partition to SSD using the iSunshare CloneGo software. Before purchasing the software, you can also try out its few 7-day trial which can easily give you a flavor of its ultimate functionality.