Linux Mint 19 "Tara" features very beautiful wallpapers which many users would be happy to use on their PCs, e.g. in Windows or in other Linux disto. Here is how to download them.
Wallpapers I am talking about look as follows:
The set contains very beautiful landscapes and nature photos and other amazing pictures which look nice on the desktop.
You can download the whole image set here:
The file is a TAR.GZ archive. It can be easily unpacked using any modern archiver app. My favorite tool is 7-zip.
To unpack images,
- Download the file using the link above.
- Open the file mint-backgrounds-tara_1.1.tar.gz in 7-zip.
- There, you will find the file mint-backgrounds-tara_1.1.tar. Double click it to open its contents.
- Go to the folder mint-backgrounds-tara\backgrounds\linuxmint-tara. There you will find all images of this release:
Linux Mint 19 is the latest version of the popular distro. It has the Tara code name. The release comes with a number of improvements to Software Manager, backup, system reliability and the UI. With Flatpak support out of the box you can install bleeding-edge applications even if their dependencies are not compatible with Linux Mint. Linux Mint 19 comes with Flatpak installed by default and the new Software Manager fully supports it.
The brief list of changes looks as follows:
- The Mint-Y theme is set by default.
- Cinnamon 3.8 for the appropriate edition
- A refined look of the Welcome Screen app
- A number of improvements made to Software Manager, Update Manager
- GNOME Calendar is bundled with the OS.
- Improved system performance.
- The TimeShift app to manage OS snapshots.
Timeshift is an excellent tool which focuses on creating and restoring system snapshots. It’s a great companion to mintBackup which focuses on personal data. With Timeshift you can go back in time and restore your computer to the last functional system snapshot. If anything breaks, you can go back to the previous snapshot and it's as if the problem never happened.