Classic Shell is the world's most popular Start menu replacement for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 along with a bunch of unique customization options for Explorer and the Taskbar. The new version comes with a number of interesting changes. Here is what's new in this release.
- New "Remove highlight" item for the All Programs button, which will clear all programs and apps:
- Ctrl+F focuses on the search box in the main Start Menu when a submenu isn't showing.
- Ctrl+left/right arrow will move the selection to the previous/next column without opening a submenu.
- The arrow keys also wrap around the columns so if there is no folder to expand/close, they can be used to select the item in the adjacent column on the same row
- The Settings window has Minimize and Maximize buttons
- The Settings window can be moved with Alt+Space -> M
- Multiple reliability improvements to showing Windows 10 Start Menu
- Fixed the problems with the taskbar on secondary monitor on latest release of Windows 10
- Fix for jumplists in the Midnight skin when the search box is hidden
- Added Icelandic to the list of supported languages
- The flag icons on Language tab in Settings are larger if the DPI is 144 or higher
- New internal skin option "SEARCHBOX", which is true when the search box is visible to allow skins to use different settings based on that
- New internal skin settings, Main_icon_size and Main2_icon_size. You can set them to "none", "small" and "large" independently
- The emblem alignment can have two values. If the first alignment refers to the second column, and there is no second column, the second alignment will be used.
- If you put "none" in the tooltip for Edit Menu Item dialog, the tooltip won’t show for that item (similar to "none" for the Icon field)
You can download Classic Shell from its official web site.
Tip: You can use this tool to repair Windows problems and improve performance of the OS.