There are several ways to change Date and Time formats in Windows 10. In this article, we will review them all.
Traditionally, the date and time options could be configured via the classic Control panel. Microsoft is merging the Control panel options with Settings but the options are still accessible and can be used. To change Date and Time formats, you must be signed as Administrator.
Change Date and Time in Windows 10 using Control Panel
To change Date and Time in Windows 10 with Control Panel, do the following.
- Open Control panel.
- Go to Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region.
- There, click on the link Change date, time, or number formats under Region. The following window will appear:
- If you have more than one language installed, select the required language you want to change the date and time format for.
- Set the date and time formats according to your preferences.
- You may also click on the Additional settings... button to specify a custom time format as shown below.Switch to the Time or Date tab to configure a new format.
- Click the OK button to set new values.
Change Date and Time Formats in Windows 10 using Settings
To change Date and Time Formats in Windows 10 with Settings, do the following.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Time and Language - Time.
- On the right, click the Change date and time formats link under Formats.
- Select the desired format in the drop down list.
Unlike the classic Control panel, the Settings app does not allow the user to specify a custom format for time or date.
That's all about changing the Date and Time format in Windows 10.