Microsoft has released a major update to Windows Subsystem for Android. The new version of the subsystem is built on top of Android 13 and brings with it many improvements, including improved mouse input handling, clipboard stability improvements, and more. As of this writing it is only available on the Insider channel of WSA (doesn't require you to be a Windows Insider).
The Insider Preview branch of Windows Subsystem for Android Preview exists separately from the Windows Insider program. So one can test new subsystem updates without having to install Windows 11 Insider Builds.
To enroll in this program, follow the instructions on the official website. It may take up to a week before you start receiving test builds of Windows Subsystem for Android.
What's new in WSA update 2211.40000.7.0
- Windows Subsystem for Android has been updated to Android 13.
- Added a new command to disable WSA (useful for automation):
- Improved startup performance.
- Improved handling of mouse clicks.
- Improved clipboard stability.
- Improvements have been made to resizing application windows.
- Updated Intel Bridge technology to support Android 13.
- Improved stability of opening media files from Windows.
- Applications that support shortcuts are now added to the Jump List in Windows.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: