Microsoft has updated the set of administrative templates for Windows 10 version 1803, known as "April 2018 Update". They include a number of *.admx files to apply the Group Policy options properly.
The initial package version was released in May 2018. Now this file has been updated to version 2.0.
Administrative Templates are registry-based policy settings that appear in the Local Group Policy Editor under the Administrative Templates node of both the Computer and User Configuration nodes. This hierarchy is created when the Local Group Policy Editor reads XML-based Administrative Template files (.admx).
Group Policy tools use Administrative template files to populate policy settings in the user interface. This allows administrators to manage registry-based policy settings.
The file set is available in the following languages:
- cs-CZ Czech - Czech Republic
- da-DK Danish - Denmark
- de-DE German - Germany
- el-GR Greek - Greece
- en-US English - United States
- es-ES Spanish - Spain
- fi-FL Finnish - Finland
- fr-FR French - France
- hu-HU Hungarian - Hungary
- it-IT Italian - Italy
- ja-JP Japanese - Japan
- ko-KR Korean - Korea
- nb-NO Norwegian (Bokmål) - Norway
- nl-NL Dutch - The Netherlands
- pl-PL Polish - Poland
- pt-BR Portuguese - Brazil
- pt-PT Portuguese - Portugal
- ru-RU Russian - Russia
- sv-SE Swedish - Sweden
- zh-CN Chinese - China
- zh-TW Chinese - Taiwan
To download Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, do the following.
- Open Edge or another browser.
- Navigate to the following page: Download Administrative Templates.
- Choose the desired language in the list and click the download button.
- You will get an *.MSI file. It will be named
Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10 April 2018 Update.msi. Double-click the file to install it and you are done.
Tip: It is possible to find which Local Group Policies are applied in Windows 10 using the GUI. If you are running an edition of Windows 10 which comes the Local Group Policy Editor app, you can use it to see them quickly. See the following article:
Other articles of interest:
- Apply Group Policy to All Users Except Administrator in Windows 10
- Apply Group Policy to a Specific User in Windows 10
- Reset All Local Group Policy Settings at once in Windows 10
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: