You can now add or remove the Downloads button from the toolbar in Edge.
With recent changes, the Microsoft Edge browser has got a new user interface for downloads, and the button is now customizable too. It now allow you to show or hide the Downloads button in the toolbar.
Microsoft Edge is now a popular web browser that ships by default with Windows 10. Its recent versions are built on top of Chromium, the same open source project Google Chrome uses. The browsers actually share a number of features, but some of them are unique to each other. Microsoft Edge doesn't use Google services, and offers alternatives maintained by Microsoft. These include the Bing translator, and the default search engine. The Redmond software giant has also added some nifty features from the legacy Edge app, such as multiple tab close confirmation or Read Aloud.
With recent changes, Edge received a new user interface for downloads. There is a restyled download pane with the ability to pin it to the right, that also plays well with other panes and Fluent Design guidelines.
With this change, it is now possible to show or hide the button in the toolbar in the browser.
This post will show you how to add or remove the Downloads toolbar button in Microsoft Edge.
To Add Downloads Button to Toolbar in Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Press Alt+F to open the app menu, or click on its menu button.
- Right-click on the Downloads entry.
- Select Show in toolbar from the context menu.
- You now have the Downloads button in the Edge toolbar.
The same way you can remove the Download button and hide it back to the app menu.
To Remove Downloads Button from Toolbar in Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Right-click on the Downloads button in the toolbar.
- Select Hide from toolbar.
- The button is now removed from the toolbar.
There is also alternative method. You can show or hide the Downloads toolbar button from the Settings of the browser.
Show or Hide the Downloads button in Edge Settings
- Open the Edge browser.
- Click on the Settings button (Alt + F) and select Settings from the menu.
- On the left, click on Appearance.
- On the right side, turn on (add) or off (remove) the Show downloads button option under Customize toolbar.
- You can now close the Settings tab.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: