How to Add Classic User Accounts to Control Panel in Windows 10
Today, we will see how to add the classic User Accounts applet to the Control Panel in Windows 10. By default it is hidden and only can be opened with the
control userpasswords2 commands. Having it in the classic Control Panel saves your time, since you no longer need to type the commands.
In Windows 10, Microsoft is moving everything from the classic Control Panel to the Modern app called "Settings". It has already inherited many options which were exclusively available in the Control Panel. If you prefer using the classic Control panel, you might want to add some extra applets to it to make it more useful.
Using the classic User Accounts applet, you can
- Make Windows 10 automatically sign in to a user account.
- Add a user account.
- Remove a user account.
- Rename a user account.
- Change groups for a user account.
- Specify a password for a local user account.
- Open Credential Manager to manage saved passwords.
- Open Local Users and Groups MMC snap-in for advanced user management.
- Enable or disable the Ctrl + Alt + Del secure login feature.
In Windows, it is easy to add custom items to the Control Panel. Check out the following blog post:
How to add anything you want to Control Panel
In the following image, you will see dozens of custom items added to the Control Panel which are not normally present.
Using the trick described in the mentioned article, we can prepare a Registry tweak to add the classic User Accounts applet to the Control Panel. Here we go.
To Add Classic User Accounts to Control Panel in Windows 10,
- Download the following Registry files (the ZIP archive): Download Registry Files
- Extract them to any folder you like. You can place them right on the Desktop.
- Close the Control Panel if you have it open.
- Double-click the file Add Classic User Accounts To Control Panel.reg and confirm the operation.
- Now, open the Control Panel and go to User accounts.
You are done. You now have All Tasks in the Control Panel. It is also visible in the 'Large icons' and 'Small icons' view.
Use the included Remove Classic User Accounts From Control Panel.reg file to remove the applet from the Control Panel.
Also, see the following useful posts:
- Add All Tasks to Control Panel in Windows 10
- Create All Tasks God Mode Toolbar in Windows 10
- Add Windows Defender to the Control Panel in Windows 10
- Add Personalization To Control Panel In Windows 10
- How to add anything you want to Control Panel
- How to Hide Control Panel Applets in Windows 10
- Show Only Certain Control Panel Applets in Windows 10
- Open Control Panel Applets Directly in Windows 10
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
How come this isn’t in WinAero Tweaker.??
In fact Winaero Tweaker has only a few options for the classic control panel.