Bing's extensive image gallery is a well known source for nice wallpapers. It contains very beautiful landscapes, nature and animal photos and other amazing pictures which look nice on the desktop. When you download these images, they are shown with a watermark, which can ruin the impression and beauty of the image when it is used as the desktop background. Here is how to download images without a watermark.
To get images without a watermark, you need to use a web browser which comes with developer tools. For example, I will use Mozilla Firefox. Here is what you have to do.
- Open Firefox and navigate to http://www.bing.com/gallery.
- Click the image you like so it will open.
- Now, right click the black area with the image description and select "inspect element".
- The Inspector tool will open at the bottom of the browser. There, click the element called "detailImageContainer":
- Expand it and copy the URL of the "detailImage" element:
- Now, paste the URL you copied into the browser address bar and remove the first two backslashes. In my example, the URL is
Edit to get the following:
The archive contains 1229 wallpapers in 1366*768 and 41 images in 1920*1080.
Update #2. There is an excellent web site http://www.iorise.com/ which stores the Bing wallpaper archive. As an option, it also hosts images without watermarks!
That's it. This trick works with Bing Gallery as of May 1st, 2016. But Microsoft can remove this ability at any moment.