Previously, we covered the most common hotkeys for Mozilla Firefox which everyone should know to use the browser productively. In this article, I would like to share with you an additional set of hotkeys which are not so well-known.
Here are some of the less common Firefox hotkeys.
- Ctrl + U - View the page source.
- Ctrl + G or F3 - Find next.
- Shift + F3 - Find previous.
- Ctrl + Shift + D - Bookmark all tabs.
- Ctrl + Shift + B - Open the Bookmarks manager.
- Ctrl + Shift + H - Show the History manager.
- Alt or F10 - Show the main menu.
- / - Quick find.
- ' - Quick find within link text only.
- Esc - Closes Find or Quick find when it is open.
- Esc - Stops loading a page when the page is loading.
- Ctrl + ↑/↓ - Quickly switch between search engines when the search box is focused.
- Alt + ↑/↓ - View search engine menu.
- Ctrl + Shift + W - Close Firefox window.
- Ctrl + Page Up - Switch to tab on the left.
- Ctrl + Page Down - Switch to tab on the right.
- Ctrl + Shift + Page Up - Move currently focused tab to the left.
- Ctrl + Shift + Page Down - Move currently focused tab to the right.
- Alt + Enter - Open address/website in new tab.
- Ctrl + Shift + N - Undo close window.
- Ctrl + 1 to 8 - Switch to tabs from 1 to 8.
- Ctrl + 9 - Switch to the last tab.
- Ctrl + Shift + E - Tab Groups view.
- Ctrl + Shift + I or F12- Toggle Developer Tools.
- Shift + F2- Open Developer Toolbar aka Command line.
- Ctrl + Enter- Complete .com address.
- Shift + Enter- Complete .net address.
- Ctrl + Shift + Enter- Complete .org address.
- Del- Delete the selected autocomplete entry in the address bar dropdown.
- F7- Caret browsing.
- Alt + D- Activate address/location bar.
Using these hotkeys, you can perform your daily browsing tasks faster. Know more useful hotkeys? Share your tip in the comments.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: