Here's how to install the new Microsoft Store for Windows 11 if your preview setup doesn't include the updated app. Alongside Windows 11, on June 24, 2021, Microsoft announced a brand-new marketplace. Apart from fresh and significantly better design and Android apps support, the new Microsoft Store brings tons of new policies for developers that make publishing and maintaining apps much easier. Developers can use their own content delivery network and payment systems without sharing fees with Microsoft. Also, Microsoft Store now accepts virtually any app.
Although the new Microsoft Store is far from public release (Microsoft plans to ship it later this year on both Windows 11 and Windows 10,) popular developers are already publishing their apps. Zoom, Adobe Creative Cloud, OBS, and other well-known apps show up in Microsoft Store.
If you are running Windows 11 Preview on your computer or a virtual machine, you may want to test the new Microsoft Store as well. The thing is that it does not come out-of-box with Windows 11. Here is how to get the new Microsoft Store app in Windows 11.
Microsoft Store gets updates through Microsoft Store. That means you need to begin with checking for app updates.
Install the new Microsoft Store for Windows 11
- Launch Microsoft Store and click the three-dots button in the upper-right corner.
- Select Downloads and updates.
- Click Get updates. Wait for the store to check, download, and install available updates.
- Microsoft Store will restart once it finds an update for itself.
- After restart, you should get the new Microsoft Store.
You are done! You should now have the brand new Store app.
However, some users report that that procedure does not work. If so, you need to update the store manually. Follow the below steps.
Update Microsoft Store Manually
- Download this MSIXBUNDLE-file.
- Once downloaded, open the file and confirm updating Microsoft Store. You will see the new store icon right on the installation screen.
- Wait for Windows 11 to install the new Microsoft Store.
- Launch Microsoft Store from the installation screen or the Start menu.
That is how you install the new Microsoft Store for Windows 11.
Note: The Microsoft Store for Windows 11 currently does not support Android apps. That capability will come in future Windows 11 preview updates.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: