In Windows 10, there is a way to reboot the OS quickly and launch the troubleshooting options directly. This is very useful if you have some issue that you cannot fix in the regular Windows 10 environment. For example, you may need to overwrite or delete some in-use files. It is a really good alternative to a bootable DVD or USB stick. In this article, I would like to share how to quickly access the command prompt for troubleshooting in Windows 10.
To boot quickly into Safe Mode command prompt in Windows 10, follow the instructions below.
- Open the Start menu.
- Click the power button and move your mouse pointer over the Restart item but do not click it.
- Press and hold the Shift key on the keyboard, and then click the Restart item. Just make sure you hold down the Shift key before clicking the Restart item.
The operating system will restart into Advanced Startup Options. From there, it is easy to enter Safe mode with command prompt mode.
- Click the Troubleshoot item.
- Click Advanced Options on the next screen.
- Finally, click the Command Prompt item.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: