Microsoft has released new Windows 11 version 22H2 builds 22621.1616 and 22624.1616 (KB5025308) to Insiders on the Beta channel. Traditionally, build 22624.1616 includes some new features, while in Build 22621.1616 the new features are disabled by default.
What's new in Windows 11 build 22624.1616 (KB5025308)
Added support for the following languages: Danish, English (Ireland), French (Canada), Korean, Portuguese (Portugal).
Fixes in build 22624.1616
- By enabling the new "Get the latest updates as soon as available" toggle under Settings -> Windows Update introduced in the previous build , Insiders running build 22624 will receive the "Windows Configuration Update". This update will help Microsoft ensure that the new feature is properly connected to services on the server. The update requires Update Stack version 413.2122.0.
- Fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing more explorer.exe crashes in the last two builds.
- Fixed an issue where Touch Keyboard did not correctly recognize a hardware keyboard in some cases.
- Updated the
TextInput/EnableTouchKeyboardAutoInvokeInDesktopModeMDM policy to allow "2" as a valid value to force a touch keyboard to be displayed when an edit control is touched, even if a hardware keyboard is connected.
- Fixed an issue resulting in Live Captions crashing on first launch due to a problem getting data from the registry.
- We fixed an issue that caused the icon and Add Language label in the Live Subtitles menu to overlap.
- Features have been added to the Speech Recognition Extended Language Files to improve performance and improve filtering of words in other languages to reduce the chance of incorrect subtitles for speech other than the selected Live Caption language.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Voice Control window to remain blank after launch.
- Fixed an issue that caused Voice Control to crash when using the command to jump to the beginning of a document.
- Fixed an issue where disabling the profanity filter in Voice Control would stop the feature from working.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator’s Ctrl + Home and Ctrl + End commands to move to the top and bottom of the web page weren’t working correctly in Edge.
Search on the taskbar
If you have a Bing button in the search bar on your taskbar and you restart your computer, you may see an important event from the daily rotation for some time before the Bing button returns to its place.
If keyboard shortcut hints are available in the context menu: Shift + right-clicking on a file or folder does not open the "Show advanced options" menu.
- On ARM64 devices, enhanced speech recognition support set on the Language and Region page will require restarting live captioning after changing the language in the subtitle menu.
- When adding a language using the Language and Region page, the installation progress of language features may be hidden, and you will not see when the installation of Enhanced Speech Recognition (required for Live Captions) is completed. You can use "Language Options" to track progress. If this happens, there may be an unexpected delay before the Live Captions setup system detects the new language and allows you to continue.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!